MEG 08 Solved Assignment
NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
Solved Assignment 2019-20
Max Marks: 100
MEG 08 Solved Assignment : Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
- Do you think ‘New Literatures in English is a more appropriate term than ‘Commonwealth Literatures’? Give reasons for your answer.
- A Grain of Wheat clearly expresses Ngugi’s views about British colonial rule in Kenya. Do you agree? Give a reasoned answer.
- Is Wole Soyinka making a political statement through his play A Dance of the Forests? Discuss with reference to the play.
- Analyze Bapsi Sidhwa’s Ice-Candy Man as a novel of Partition.
- Examine Naipaul’s A House for Mr. Biswas as a diasporic novel.
Read More :
6) Compare and contrast Brathwaite’s analysis of Jamaican society in “Wings of a Dove” with Walcott’s views on Trinidadian society in “The Spoiler’s Return.”
7) How does the poem “Dan is the Man” subvert and debunk the tools of colonial education?
8) Does Patrick White use myths and symbols convincingly in The Solid Mandala? Explain with examples from the text.
9) Attempt a detailed character sketch of Hager Shipley in the novel The Stone Angel.
10) There is a close relationship between language and culture. Do you agree? Base your answer on your knowledge of African literature.
For PDF and Handwritten
Subscribe Our Channel : MY IGNOU SOLUTION